Smooth and finish surfaces of poured concrete, such as floors, walks, sidewalks, roads, or curbs using a variety of hand and power tools. Align forms for sidewalks, curbs, or gutters; patch voids; use saws to cut expansion joints.
Job Duties and Tasks for: “Cement Mason and Concrete Finisher”
- Check the forms that hold the concrete to see that they are properly constructed.
- Set the forms that hold concrete to the desired pitch and depth, and align them.
- Spread, level, and smooth concrete, using rake, shovel, hand or power trowel, hand or power screed, and float.
- Mold expansion joints and edges, using edging tools, jointers, and straightedge.
- Monitor how the wind, heat, or cold affect the curing of the concrete throughout the entire process.
- Signal truck driver to position truck to facilitate pouring concrete, and move chute to direct concrete on forms.
- Produce rough concrete surface, using broom.
- Operate power vibrator to compact concrete.
- Direct the casting of the concrete and supervise laborers who use shovels or special tools to spread it.
- To lay finished powerfloat floors
- Experienced with dry shake
- Must be able to set up edge shutters, pans and mesh.
To apply for this position please fill out the form below.