An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Working Foreman/ Supervisor to join our team based in Glasgow and the surrounding areas. Within the role, you will supervise and manage the daily operation of a housing improvement works programme whilst being responsible for a team of Operatives and Sub Contractors. Monitoring and controlling work flows, the successful Working Foreman/ Supervisor will mentor Operatives and Trainees. Carrying out post /pre-inspections, you will monitor the progress and completion of works to both Foreman and the team of Operatives. Candidates for this position will be responsible for managing the use of Sub-Contractors, ensuring they adhere to all Company standards of work performance, customer service and procedures.
- Previous experience working on Major Civil Engineering projects in a Site supervision capacity
- Vocational Training
- Understanding and experience of construction techniques and best practices.
- Relevant CSCS Card
- Training in Health & Safety and Environmental management
Foreman will need to be familiar and experienced with the following:
- To promote safe working practices and ensure safety compliances in line with company standards
- Allocate site resources efficiently to construct & deliver assigned work to meet project deadlines
- Calculate area, volume, quantities, weights and measures for materials required at site
Experienced at understanding and explaining drawing specifications
- To communicate information to site management and engineers on methods and programmes to enable timely completion of the works.
- Monitor progress of works against programme
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with the Client, colleagues, general public and other 3rd Parties Skills/Qualities:
- Experience in civil engineering
- Technical ability
- Ability to focus on targets and practical solutions;
- Good communication skills with all levels of the workforce;
- Self-Motivated with the ability to drive improvements
- Minimum Qualifications: * Valid CSCS Card * SMSTS or SSSTS (preferable)
To apply for this position please complete the form below and upload a current C.V.