TRAINEE QUANTITY SURVEYOR
We have an exciting new role, for a Trainee Quantity Surveyor to join our highly successful civil engineering business. You will train and gain knowledge of Quantity Surveying, from working on site with Quantity Surveyors and through mentoring and coaching from the Commercial team alongside studying for a Surveying qualification.
This is a brilliant opportunity to join a thriving business and build a career to enable you to develop professionally.
Candidates should be studying for a Quantity Surveying qualification and looking to move onto a day release programme where they can learn on the job; have recently graduated with a Quantity Surveying Qualification or be ready to embark on this.
- To acquire sufficient knowledge of surveying and other departments within the business unit to achieve a basic level of awareness and understanding
- To carry out all tasks as directed by your supervisor to the best of your ability and to agreed timescales
- Acquire all necessary knowledge to comply with safe working practise, current legislation and company policy.
- Demonstrate commitment and a positive attitude to supervisors, mentors and management
- To promote the company and its activities both internally and externally at all times
- To take responsibility of monitoring and recording your progress
- To acquire a basic understanding of accurate quantity control, material scheduling etc
- Analysing and comparing quotations from sub-contractors
- To acquire basic skills to allow involvement in subcontract account management from placement of order to final account
- To gain a general understanding of cost reporting, cash flows and external valuations
Experience and Qualifications:
- A minimum of 6 GCSE’s A – C, including Maths and English
- Ideally, will have completed at least one year of surveying related studies such as National Certificate or HND
- Evidence of previous work experience (paid or unpaid) within the construction industry is desirable
- Good communication skills – both verbal and written
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic with a positive attitude
- Quick to learn and strives for continuous improvement in everyday tasks
- Understands the importance of meeting customers’ needs
- Flexible with the ability to solve problems and find solutions
- Keen interest in construction and a willingness to progress within the industry
To apply for this position please complete the form below.